Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Ups & Downs of Faith


Well...My mother and I are continuing to pray in agreement. I've also started to fast. I'm trying to get closer to God and find His answers. I will say that I do feel closer to God, but the answers are not really coming. I spoke to God, and I asked why hasn't He answered the easy prayers. I feel like God is telling me, "All in good time." Well, I know we've all heard the saying, "God's time is not our time."

Right now, I'm just trying to find things to be thankful for. For example, I'm a part of an organization that helps Veterans. I was the only woman for a while. Recently, we added three other women to the organization. One of the women has her own business. She helps people find jobs, and she also mentors people. Surprisingly, a company that I've always wanted to work for has a job that fits me. I applied for the job, and I sent an email to everyone in the organization to see if they know someone at the company. This woman who is new to the organization replied to my email stating that she connected with her contacts to let them know I applied for a job with this company. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

I feel like God is teaching me patience. I think He's ready to answer our prayers, but He wants us rely on Him. God knows that we will have moments where we need reassurance, but there are times when we just have to know that God is handling everything. I believe that this is one of the times in my life that I just have to trust that God is in control.

‘Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment