Wednesday, September 22, 2010

God...Why?!?!


Have you ever just wondered why God allows you to go through so many difficulties at once? Have you ever truly believed that God was going to answer your prayers in a particular way, only to find out that He did not. I'm going through this now.

I went on an interview with a company, and it seemed to go so well. I thought for sure that they would call me back for a second interview. On Monday, I received a phone, and I thought that this was God's answer. I found out that they were just calling me to thank me for coming in to the interview, but they decided to look at other candidates. I was heartbroken.

My faith plummeted. I prayed to God. At that moment, I had to let Him know that I didn't know what to pray. I was disappointed. I felt like I didn't have any direction. I did not know what to do.

I decided to call a friend. She told me that I had to praise my way out of this feeling. She told me that God will answer my prayers, but I have to continue to have faith.

Do you know what I had forgotten? The devil is a liar. I let him tell me that I was never going to get a job. I let him tell me that God was not going to answer my prayers. For a brief moment, I allowed him to win.

God never left me. If I'm honest with myself...I really didn't want this job. I knew it wasn't for me...but my desperate need for a job made me lose focus.

God is going to see me through these trials. I know He's going to honor His word. Praise the Lord!!!!

"I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment