Sunday, February 12, 2012

Staying In Faith For The Long Run


Last night, I had a conversation with God.  I talked to Him about prayers that my mother and I have been agreeing on, but have not been answered.  I've heard many times that it's OK to remind God about honoring His word.  

My mother and I have a list of prayers, but we haven't seen answers that I thought we would see.  I know that God's time isn't our time.  I know that God doesn't necessarily give us what we want, but He gives us what we need.  I'm just having a hard time believing that the this list of prayers that my mother and I have been praying for aren't things that God would want for us.  

You are probably wondering what some of the prayers are that we have requested from God.  Well, my mother and I have been praying to move to Texas.  We would like to connect with family that we have there.  There are so many family members that I've never met, and I know there are many that don't know I even exist.  It's always been a dream for me to move there, so when my father passed away my mother and I thought it would be a great idea to move.  We really don't have many family members where we are now.  

A second prayer is for our health...my mother's in particular.  Her blood pressure has been dangerously high.  I worry about her.  She's under a lot of stress.  She's going to the doctor to get this under control, but it's been high for a while.  I have to admit that I'm scared for her.  These are just a couple of the prayers that we've asked for, but we have yet to see God work His miracles.

I know that God has amazing things in store for us.  My mother and I always say that we believe God is about to do something amazing for us.  I guess we've just been through so much, we wish God would answer now.  

I still believe that God is going to answer our prayers.  I still believe in the power of 2 people agreeing in prayer.  Maybe this is a test from God to see how long I will stay in faith.  I will say right now, "God...I'm in it for the long run."  

God bless.

John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment