Sunday, February 19, 2012

Unanswered Prayers

What do you do when prayer doesn't seem to give you the desired answers you expected?  Well...you just continue to pray.  Right?

I have to admit that my prayers haven't turned out the way I thought they would.  I thought that I would see miraculous things start to happen...especially when my mother and I started agreeing in prayer.  This hasn't been the case.  Don't get me wrong.  God has saved us from losing our home.  God kept food in our fridge.  God sent us the people we needed, when we needed them.  God was there through our trials when we thought we would lose everything  God is so good.

On my way to work, I usually pray for family, friends and myself.  I try to say prayers of thanks when it comes to my job.  I thank God that it will be a great day.  I thank God that I will have a successful, easygoing day.  I thank God that I will be able to resolve all issues.  By the grace of God, He usually comes through.  You see...I'm having a difficult time on my job.  I work hard, but it's a high profile, high stress job.  It's definitely not for me.  I'm scared everyday that I could possibly lose my job.  I'm just going to continue to trust that God will never allow this to happen.  God is good.

I'm not going to give up on the prayers that I'm believing in God for.  I know I just have to remain in faith...and remember....God is good.

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, thatin me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”




No comments:

Post a Comment