Monday, January 24, 2011

The devil tried to knock me down, but God lifted me up....


I just had something interesting happen to me. I was starting to feel down. I was in the shower, and I started to cry out to God. All of a sudden, I slipped in the bathtub. Luckily, I didn't fall and hurt myself.


At first, I thought, "Great...Look at what I get for praying." I almost cried. I decided to look at this another way. I think the devil tried to knock me down, but God lifted me up.


I'm trying to look at things in a more positive way, instead of looking at my situation with a defeatest attitude. I'm going by faith that God tried to show me in that moment that He was there for me in that event, and He will uplift me in my current position. Things will work out. I just have to remain in faith.



Mark 10:46-52. "And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me. And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me. And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee. And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus. And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way. "

No comments:

Post a Comment