Sunday, October 3, 2010

Being Honest With God


Lately, I've been pretty upset with God. My mother and I have been praying in agreeance for a few months now, but we have not received answers to our major prayers.

Times are so scary for us right now. We have to worry about heating our home this winter. We have to worry about paying our monthly mortgage. We don't have jobs and no prospects. What are we going to do?

I love my time with God. I let Him know how I feel. I've been claiming Matthew 18:19-20. I believe that the most powerful prayer you can do is pray with someone and agree in prayer. God doesn't put a but or an if in these verses. He states, "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." He says anything you ask for and it will be done for you by Him.

Well, my mother and I have certain requests that we have written down. We have not received the answers we expected. I know that God doesn't always answer our prayers they way we expect. I was prepared for this...or so I thought I was prepared.

I've been honest with God. I told Him that I thought the He would've answered at least one of our major prayers. I let Him know that I was scared. I also let Him know that I was disappointed. I told Him that we are going by faith, and holding Him to His promise of Matthew 18:19-20. Do you know what else I told Him? I let Him know that I truly believed that He was going to answer our prayers.
I do believe that God is going to work amazing things in my life. I just have that voice in my head going on and on that things are not going to work out. I will keep you posted about God's blessings in my life.

I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)

Trust in the Lord and do good; so you will live in the land, and enjoy security. Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him. (Psalm 37:3-5, 7a)

No comments:

Post a Comment