Sunday, March 4, 2012

God Answers Prayers!!!!

I live in the Midwest, and it's still really cold here.  It's 27 degrees as I'm blogging.

Today, I have to talk to you about how great God is.  Well, my mother are living together for economic reasons.  It's been hard.  We woke up on Saturday to find that our furnace stopped working.  We went downstairs to change the filter and clean the flame sensor which usually makes the furnace start working again.  Unfortunately, our troubleshooting steps did not result in our furnace working.

My mother and I prayed our agreement prayer asking God to fix our furnace.  I did everything I could think to do to make the furnace work, but the furnace just would not fire up.  I felt sick.  It just meant more money that we didn't have to fix something else.

Thankfully, my mother and I had space heaters to get us through the night.  On Sunday, I called around to find a parts place to see if replacing the flame sensor would make our furnace work again.  Since it's Sunday, all the the furnace parts places were closed until Monday.  We prayed again.

My mother and I were encouraging each other and praying that God would help us.  It was so cold in our home...about 50 to 54 degrees, when suddenly I felt heat coming from the vent in my room.  At first I couldn't move.  I thought that it was too good to be true.  My mother ran in my room with the biggest smile on her face, and she asked me if I did anything.  I told her I hadn't done a thing.  WE HAD HEAT.  PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

We immediately thanked God for helping us.  Our furnace has been firing up since this morning, and we are so grateful.

You see...God does answer prayers.  There are some prayers that He's quicker to respond to, but you have to stay in faith.  Remember...God is good all of the time.

"Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." (Mark 11:24) 

No comments:

Post a Comment