Sunday, November 13, 2011

God Never Promised That Things Would Be Easy...But He will Always Be With You

It's easy to say, "God why did You allow this or that to happen."  Isn't it?  Life can seem unfair most of the time and fair doesn't seem to come around that often.  I know I've asked God, "Why?" so many times.

This weekend, I went to get an oil change.  I noticed that my car was jumping a lot as I drove.  At times, I thought my car wouldn't go forward.  I was afraid that my transmission was going.  I was so scared.

Well...I got my oil change, and they told me I needed my radiator flushed as well.  It was an added expense, but I thought it was well worth it, because winter is just around the corner.  The guy who was working on my car asked me to look at something under my hood.  I have to admit that my heart sunk upon hearing this.  It turns out that my spark plugs were defective.  You could see a spark jumping back and forth between the wires.  This young guy who was working on my car took pity on me.  He drove me to the car parts store, where I was able to get his discount on the wires.  He then changed my wires for $15.  PRAISE THE LORD!!!

My point in sharing this with you is to show that God was with me.  I had someone to work on my car, and I was able to afford it.  This is a perfect example of how God never promised that things would be easy or that nothing bad would happen, but He did promise that He would be with you through your trials. 

Psalm 16:8 "I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me."

No comments:

Post a Comment