Friday, June 24, 2011

Thanking God for His Blessing



My mother and I seem to be going through a trial that does not seem to end. We just found out that our monthly mortgage has gone up $200. We can't afford what we are paying now. This is a major blow to our faith. We just can't seem to catch a break...or so I thought.

For the first time in our lives, my mother and I had to receive food assistance. We've been receiving assistance for over a year now. It's a humbling experience.

Well...my mother and I were only receiving $184 per month. As you can imagine, it's been a major struggle for the both of us. My unemployment ended in April. I found out that it would be ending on April Fool's Day to make matters worse. It broke my heart.

I informed food assistance that I would no longer be receiving unemployment back in April. Our food assistance didn't increase. We both thought this was strange, so I called them today. I told them about our situation. Guess what? The person on the phone knew someone my mother worked with. He stated that he had to help us. I stayed on the phone for over 2 hours. He finally told me that our food assistance amount would increase, plus he was making this retroactive. I was informed that we would be getting $999 in 24 hours, plus an additional $102. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

My mother and I thought we wouldn't have anything for the 4th of July, but God had other plans. He gave us is favor and supernatural blessing. We are so grateful.

I'm taking this as a sign that this is only the beginning. God has amazing things in store for us. We just have to remain in faith.

Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (Psalm 34:10b)

No comments:

Post a Comment