Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Falling into the devil's trap



Today..I woke up, and I started working on another blog. I enjoy watching TV and movies, so I decided to start a blog with my opinion on various shows. I haven't had comments, so I wasn't sure if anyone was really reading it. I continued to work on my blog, because I take pleasure in doing so.

Well...Today, I had my first comment on my blog. Someone even took one of my surveys. I was thrilled. I called my friend to let him know that I actually had someone comment on my blog. I felt really good today.

Later on in the day, I had an overwhelming feeling of hopelessness come over me. I looked at myself, and I realized that I really didn't love myself. I thought about my career, and I became fearful that I would never be able to find a job. Suddenly, I thought there was no hope.

I turned on an episode of Joel Osteen where he talks about speaking faith over your life. I started thinking about my blessings. I thought about how I asked God for time off, because I was tired. He gave me timeoff with pay. Maybe it came in the form of a layoff, but I have to remember that God has always answered my prayers. I've asked God to help me lose weight. He put a nice treadmill on sale that is within my price range.

Do you know what happened to me today? I fell into the devil's trap. I allowed him to get into my head with the hopeless thoughts. I had a moment of being truly thankful to God, and the devil decided to try to take it away from me.

Now I'm saying...Thank You God for all of your blessings. Thank You for all of the blessings coming my way.

Joel Osteen spoke about Romans 4:17 "...and call the things that are not as though they were." What is God talking about here? He's talking about having faith in the unseen. I don't have a job yet, but this is temporary. I haven't lost this weight, but this is an eventuality.
PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! He saw me through this trial, and He will continue to see me through.

Remember to keep you faith. Praise God.

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment