Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Message From God


Today, I had a panic attack. I suddenly had a wave of problems come at me. Thoughts of never being happy, not finding a job and not being able to pay the bills plagued me. "WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?" screamed in my head. I felt hopeless.


I went to my mailbox not expecting anything in particular. I saw a card with my name and address hand written on the envelope from Houston, TX. I thought, "Who could be sending me a card from Houston, TX?" Yes. I have relatives there, but I have never met them. I'm not even sure if they know I exist.


I was still feeling down and panicked. I opened the card and right on the front it said "HOPE" in huge letters. Guess who the card was from? It was from Joel Osteen...well, maybe not directly from him, but it was from someone who wrote to me in his name. There was a quote from the Proverbs chapter of the Bible:


Proverbs 13:12 says, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life."


After I read the card, I got on my knees and thanked God for His message to me. You see...I know that God sometimes uses other people to send messages to us. Isn't it strange that at the very moment that felt I hopeless, I received a message of hope? The answer is "No". God knew that I would be having a panic attack today. He knew that I would need His message. I received a blessing from an unexpected source. Here's a Bible verse that seems to fit:


Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."


You see...for a moment I had a lapse of faith. God lifted me up. God let me know that He is here and will always be here for me. Through me, He's also letting you all know that God will never forsake you. He's always there. There will be times when God's presence is obvious, but there will be times when you have to go by faith. This is one of those blessed moments that God made His presence known, and I'm so grateful.


God bless everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment