Friday, June 19, 2009


Now more than ever faith is being tested all over the world. On June 18th, 2009, I was laid off from my job of over 7 years. I knew it was coming. I started packing my things the day before the meeting with the VP of my department. Thankfully, I did not have to go through the embarrassing moment of packing in front of my co-workers and being led out the door.


I looked for verse from the Bible that helps me through this challenging time. I found the following:


Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV)


I admit that I'm a little nervous...but I'm so thankful. For a while, I've known that God did not want me in this position. I feel that there is something bigger and better in the world for me. On the way to work, I would pray thankful prayers. I would thank God that I have a job and benefits. I would thank Him for his favor, mercy, blessings and grace. I would also thank Him for favor, mercy, blessings and grace for family and friends.


I've found that in times like this it is important to be thankful. God wants to know that you don't just thank Him in the good times, but you also thank Him during the hard times. It's important to thank God no matter what. Being thankful only brings you closer to God.

I'm so blessed. God made sure that I was given a great severance package. I'm able to rest. I'm also able to continue the journey that I know God wants me to be on.


Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."



No comments:

Post a Comment